At the time of its construction, in 1870, it was regarded as one of the most important stations in the country. The building, including the distinctive Clock Tower, has been restored in order to house the Downtown Municipal District Center.
Designed by architects Laureano Forero (from Colombia) and Luis Grossman (from Argentina), its style is reminiscent of Italian cities, where towers are urban landmarks. The place was home to one of the Railway Stations of the Argentine Railway Company and, at the beginning of the 21st century, it became part of a plan to raise the profile of Rosario’s administrative and district areas. Today, it houses the Downtown Municipal District Center. The simplicity of the building’s original layout has been preserved. The façade has been restored in its original style, with the exception of its upper section and center, which have been modified to accommodate the entrance. From the entrance hall, the space is divided into two large connected wings with a skylight. The focal point of the building is the Clock Tower, a city landmark. Its height plays off against the length of the rest of the building.
That address corresponds to an important building that belonged to the...LEER MÁS
The Old Customs Office-which today houses municipal government offices-was...LEER MÁS
El Cenotafio a los Caídos en Malvinas evoca un espacio de...LEER MÁS
Designed by architects Laureano Forero (from Colombia) and Luis Grossman (from...LEER MÁS
Seat of the Municipal Government, it was designed by architect Gaetano Rezzara...LEER MÁS